https://i0.wp.com/leeaspland.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Mindful-Photography-Practice-12.jpg?fit=800%2C533&ssl=1 533 800 leeaspland https://leeaspland.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/final-logo-icon_21.png leeaspland2017-07-10 15:42:352018-02-09 19:13:5510 more things you don’t know about me (probably)
I was browsing through my old posts today and came across 25 things you don’t know about me (probably), which I wrote whilst on holiday in Canada 16 months ago. I thought it was time for an update!
- I have learnt how to be in (and out) of a new relationship with a woman. Has it been easy? Sometimes. Also fun, interesting and challenging.
- I am now working freelance – for the first time in 56 years. Scary and exciting.
- I have recently taken my own advice and simplified my camera equipment. I now use a Fuji X-T2 and currently have just two lenses. It feels a positive move.
- Continuing a daily gratitude practice with my sister in Canada has helped us to stay involved in each other’s lives.
- I have appeared as a film extra in the forthcoming movie Show Dogs (January 2018). I even got to play a photographer’s hands. It was tricky!
- Mindfulness is slowly becoming a key feature of all aspects of my life.
- The men’s group I started with local friends has proven to be hugely supportive for all members. Despite (or perhaps because of) some particularly challenging issues and differences it continues to be a crucible for personal development and self exploration.
- Since I allowed myself to be vulnerable, by writing about my health and other challenges here, my openness has spread into the rest of my life and through osmosis infected others! It is a powerful permission.
- I have no idea how the changes in my personal and work life will develop over the next few years, but I have a unshakable confidence that they will be rich in experience, abundant in opportunity and continued personal development.
- I love walking barefoot on the beach. Not just in the summer!