I have a practice that has lapsed during the hospital days. Every night I share 5 things I am grateful for with my sister, Kim in Canada. I haven’t done this regularly over the last 3 weeks, but starting here I am beginning all my supportive practices again.
In addition to my Gratitude practice I have a morning mindful practice that involves 10 minutes of yoga and 10 minutes of meditation. I returned to this grounding practice this morning. The stand out feature of the experience was that I can get so much breath in. Each breath feels something like a normal breath. I say, ‘feels like’ because it is 14 years since I had normal breath. My memory is vague! But I am breathing quietly and well. What a relief.
Yesterday was my birthday. I had a lovely day thanks to Dinah’s organisation skills and the generosity of friends. Instead of sharing a blow by blow account I thought that I would share my Birthday Grats (as Kim and I call them) with you.
- The second consecutive night of 10 hours sleep
- Perfectly poached eggs on Marmite toast
- A gentle walk, breathing deeply
- Massive slice of Ginger and Salted Caramel cake
- Thoughtful presents from friends
- Love and care of friends
- Unexpected visit of old Swansea mates
- A donation from Simon’s young son from his pocket money
- Lots of lovely FB birthday messages
- Playing with my new photography toy – Fuji Instax camera
- Lovely Skype chat with Kim
- The love, support and care from Dinah
And so on to my 60th year. In 2020 I will be 60. There is much I hope to do and much that will happen. The first part of that is at 4.00pm today, when we pick up my new camper van. Exciting. More on that tomorrow.